- . July 22, 2014MDA Executive Director nominated for Australian of the Year Award MDA Executive Director Boris M Struk has been nominated for two awards: Australias Local Hero and Australian of the Year for 2015. The Awards have chosen to feature Boris nominations on their Facebook page (click here to view) and in their national e-newsletter which you can view by clicking o
- Research News July 21, 2014Clinical trial for congenital muscular dystrophy to start Swiss pharmaceutical company Santhera has announced that it will soon start a clinical trial of a drug called omigapil in children with congenital muscular dystrophy (CMD). The study (called CALLISTO) will take place in the USA and will assess the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of omigapil.
- Media Release July 14, 2014Muscular Dystrophy Australia boss shocked saddened by deaths “It is a sad day for the Muscular Dystrophy (MD) community with the loss of these two young men in Perth and we at Muscular Dystrophy Australia offer our deepest condolences to the families at this heartbreaking time,” said Muscular Dystrophy Australia’s Executive Director, Boris M Struk. It has be
- 2014 SUPERHERO CAPES ARE NOW FOR SALE July 8, 20142014 SUPERHERO CAPES ARE NOW FOR SALE In preparation for this year’s 2014 National Superhero Week (1 - 5 September), you can now purchase the iconic red MDA Superhero Capes! Each cape is $10 (+PH). Anyone can wear these capes during National Superhero Week regardless of whether you’re hosting the event or not, so it is a way for every single person to get in
- GOW Nov 2014 July 3, 2014ChallengeMD! Great Ocean Walk 2014 - Experience what is destined to become one of the worlds greatest hikes while supporting MDA through this local challenge! Opened in 2006, the Great Ocean Walk spans 91km of spectacular coastal scenery, deserted wild beaches, sheer cliffs, historical lighthouses and shipwrecks, giant mountain ash forests and abundant nativ