7th Annual Conference
Book your room today for the 7th Annual Speak Foundation Conference!
Free LGMD Genetic Testing Program
Lenda’s Story of Strength
"I rejoice that as long as I have breath, God can use me..."
- 28th Annual MDA Ride for Life Raises More Than $1.1 Million to Fuel the Fight Against Muscle Disease May 12, 2015PHILADELPHA, May 11, 2015 — Opening weekend at Camelback Lodge and Indoor Waterpark helped bring huge success to the 28th annual MDA Ride for Life event held on May 1-3, which raised more than $1.1 million to benefit families affected by muscular dystrophy and related life-threatening diseases. Located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, […]
- Always Forward for our Families May 1, 2015By Steven M. Derks, MDA President and CEO MDA’s mission is life-changing. Steadfast and malleable, it reminds us to never forget where we have come from – we were started by families, for families – as we meet the evolving needs and opportunities of the day. At MDA, we have never taken life’s most […]
- MDA Telethon Ends Historic Run, Urgent Fight for Families Continues May 1, 2015MDA is committed to accelerating treatments and cures, using innovative ways to engage new supporters CHICAGO, May 1, 2015 — MDA, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, today announced that the new realities of television viewing and philanthropic giving have made this the right time for the organization to move beyond its historic Labor Day telethon. […]
- Western Refining and MDA Join Forces to Help Send Kids with Muscle Disease to Summer Camp April 28, 2015Stores across the Southwest to raise vital funds through MDA’s summer camp mobile program PHOENIX, April 28, 2015 — More than 260 Western Refining convenience stores, including Giant, Mustang, Sun Dial and Howdy’s, throughout the Southwest will raise money to help the Muscular Dystrophy Association save and improve the lives of kids fighting muscular […]
- MDA Adds Neurological Disease Expert to Research Team April 28, 2015Lianna R. Orlando, Ph.D of Harvard University named Scientific Program Officer CHICAGO, April 28, 2015 – As the Muscular Dystrophy Association continues to enhance its research and healthcare services programs, the organization has hired Scientific Program Officer Lianna R. Orlando, Ph.D. Orlando comes to MDA from Fidelity Biosciences Research Initiative where, as Associate Director, she oversaw […]